We absolutely love 100% organic bamboo! Here are some of the reasons why we thinks it's so fantastic for your bedroom and bathroom:
- Anti-bacterial. Textiles are often in contact with microorganisms, such as bacteria or fungi, whether these microorganisms originate from the person wearing the fabric or from the external environment. These can cause such health concerns as infection, physical irritation and general fabric discomforts such as fabric rotting, or unpleasant odours. Bamboo does not need pesticides due to a natural antifungal and antibacterial agent, bamboo kun, that gives the plant resistance to pest and fungi infestation. There is evidence that antibacterial properties are present in the final product, and claims that 100% bamboo products remain odour-free after use.
- Hypo-allergenic. Great for sensitive skin and people who have allergic reactions to other chemically treated textiles. In a trial that we recently conducted of eczema sufferers significant improvement was seen when 100% bamboo sheets and towels were used.
- Thermal regulating properties. This means that bamboo bed sheets and clothes are naturally warmer in winter and cooler in summer (by up to 2 degrees).
- Highly absorbent. Our bed sheets wick moisture away from your body and our towels are 3x more absorbent than towels made with cotton or cotton-blend.
- Luxuriously soft. 100% bamboo textiles have a soft, silky texture, but without the slipperiness of silk.
- Durability. Long lasting, easy to wash and anti-static.
- Environmentally friendly. Bamboo is a fast-growing, sustainable and water efficient crop with average yields that are 3-6x greater than cotton. Most of the bamboo used to make bamboo fibre and fabric is grown in China by Jigao Chemical Fiber Company. They hold the patent on the process for turning bamboo into fibre. The bamboo is grown in accordance with the international organic standard of OCIA/IFOAM and the USDA National Organic Program to ensure each bamboo stalk is of 100% natural growth with no pesticides. All the fibre produced at the facility in China is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified which means that the use of chemicals in its production is below internationally accepted standards.
- Panda friendly. There are 42 species of bamboo which pandas eat but none of these species are used in the production of our bamboo textiles.